CollarAndElbow.com was established in 2012 by longtime fan and wrestling journalist Ben Veal. Ben has been an ardent fan of wrestling since the early 1990s, and over that time has met a number of the industry’s biggest stars, including Bret Hitman Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Jericho and Jerry Lynn.
Ben starting writing about wrestling at the age of 12, as the editor of GBH, a fanzine which, over its four-year lifespan, gained an international distribution encompassing the US, Canada, Germany and Japan. Not bad really for a first effort.
What is your favourite match? Bret Hitman Hart vs British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith for the Intercontinental Title at WWF Summerslam 1992. In an era of colourful characters and big men, that match was a masterclass in how to tell a story in the ring: simply unbeatable, in my opinion.
What would be your dream match: It would have been Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart, when both men were in their prime. I wish that match had happened.
If you were a wrestler, what would your entrance theme be? An easy one this – Open Your Eyes by Guano Apes – if any track was meant to be used in wrestling, it’s that one.
Read articles by Ben Veal:
- Embracing The Future: FPW gets set for first anniversary show
- Is Brock Lesnar’s return good for business?
- Less tweeting. More wrestling!
- “I’d like more than five minutes in the ring with Kurt Angle” – Exclusive interview with TNA star Doug Williams
- Foley is Good … at comedy!
- Has the big bad rapper been Punk’d out?
- Against All Odds 2012 Review: Did the gamble pay off for TNA?
- Samoa Joe speaks on TNA’s international expansion